Monday, June 04, 2007

standby. camera. and....

okay.

will have to wake up in another
5 hours or so.

i'm workin on a feature now.

exciting like hell.

i'm doin the "behind-the-scenes".

i'm appointed to direct the "making of"
this feature.

direct.

wrong term. who is there to direct
when i'm doin the entire project myself.

me, tripod and my camera.

my tag says "the making of - director".

i request to be called "The Maker" instead,
due to i making the entire project myself.

don't get me wrong, i love my job.

it's exciting like hell.
feels like making my short film,
ala documentary of how a feature film is made.

i'm very fortunate.
i thank God-The Force everyday.
or try for every single moment.

the director of this feature is Jack Neo.
his known in Singapore.
the leading lady is Fann Wong, Asia superstar.

amazing shoot.
tight hours. little sleep.
pressured crew. tight budget.

but experienced and interesting
upper heads.

i love my job.

i walk around.
a retro Good Morning towel
wrapped around my neck, ala scarf.
listening to my brother's Creative Mp3 player
on one side of my ear. (just incase anyone
screams for me.) strap on gaffer and masking tape
on my semi-body hugging bag, ala postman's bag.
shooting everyone and the entire process with
my 30GB hard disk based camera.

it's day 19 of shoot day.
and i've atleast 20 hours of footages
saved on an external harddisk.

i know. it's suicidal.

but it's fun.

i've been helping the crew to load
equipments to the truck.

it has been almost a year now since
i've gotten my hands dirty on a shoot.

love to be back.

could feel my muscles stretching it's way
for space.

work's great.

career is smooth, so far.

now,

where's my love?

one thing i've lacked of.

"the ones i loved, never loves me."

-chinyew

No comments: