Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Day 37: Manifest thoughts.

We get scared sometimes.

Let's get real;

we all want a good life.

Fancy car, big house, good food,
beautiful wife, loving husband,
travel the world, famous.

If an artist tells you they
don't give a shit, either
they are lying, or they're stupid,
or they are from the past.

Once there was an artist friend who told
me he had always wanted to break into film.
And that he don't mind the pay, he just
want to learn.

I offer him a job one day, he turned
it down because he was too afraid to lose
his current graphic design job.

The future, the unknown.

Well, I do think about it,
but I try not to. I try to
be content with what I have.

Most of the time while I'm at my drawing table,
which some of you might know, that comics
take a really long time to craft out,
we imagine. Our mind is hardly at our brush
stroke. It's almost like driving. One side
of your mind is driving naturally, changing
the gears, avoiding cars, while yr other side
brain is thinking of what to eat for lunch later.
Your mind tend to focus more on what to eat
rather than the drive, which you have accustomed
yourself to. Driving; secondary. Lunch; primary.

So when I draw, I imagine my 'lunch';
my future.

In my imagination,
Sometimes I prosper, Sometimes I suffer.

Sometimes it gets really depressing,
I try to focus back on the present.
I am happy with my present.
But no doubt I have fear of my future.

These mixture of thoughts that I have
while I'm drawing, affects my art and the
story of I SEE SO MANY BUTTERFLIES.

I feel that's how you upload your soul
and your voice into your work+Art;

You manifest thoughts while you are
working. Secondary; work Primary; thoughts


Till tomorrow.

-chinyew


No comments: