Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 30

Updated: Do You Know Day 16
has some weirdness in it?
Stare at the devil and you'll
notice something.



Dear all,

it is finished.

Please click on the FINALE
button up there first to view the
final work before reading the
following words:

what is the Boy who Loved Clouds
is about?

its about winning, then losing,
then winning again. finally,
we learn that it doesn't matter.
its about karma. its about Faith.
its about power of thoughts.
its about love. its about powers.
its about good and evil.

finally, its about hopes and dreams.
the rainbow connection!

i'll be sending the book to
local publisher to see anyone
interested to print it.

will be sending emails to galleries
hopin to get a show.



i've made it.

ups and downs.

40 paintings in 30days!

hooray! again!

if you've finished reading
the Boy who Loved Clouds,
i would like to thank you.
did you miss the song?
you probably didn't turn
on yr speakers.

sorry, for the bad sentences,
grammar and spelling. i rush
that out in 2 days.

i have no intention of
painting a story sequence when
i started my this year's run.

i didn't even see myself doin
the run all over again.

but life is weird.
you'll never know.

a week before i started
my run, i was in a bookshop.
i found a book on haiku.
i was fascinated of how
3 sentence poem could
create so much depth.

so, i had the idea of
naming my paintings in
haiku.

the first painting was
randomly painted.
even random haikus.
second day was too.
then on the third, i saw
the flow of the first 2 days.
then i thought,
hey, why not? a story.

and i only had that.
a story. just a thought.
no plot. no drafts.
just random ideas
with a main reminder to
myself, that there will
be a story within these
paintings. and the haiku
are dialogues of the
characters in the painting.

i was havin fun. cause
i myself was lookin forward
of what was gonna happen next
within the paintings.

i didn't know what new
characters will be appearing.
i didn't know whether was
this story gonna turn out
positive. all i know, is
that i'll let the force do
its own work.

i'm merely a tool.
an executioner.
i execute the paintings.
the ideas just flows in.

i simply just believed that
i could. and on day one i told
myself, day 30 is juut a blink
of an eye.

and i blink.
and it was still day 1.

i remembered how days felt
like years. sometimes days
felt like seconds.

and now, i'm here.
rambling.

to keep you less bored, i'll
show you some behind scenes.

first, the sketch book:



second, the space:

















materials:








references:






now, here are the important list
of people i would like to thank.

firstly, MR ???? i haven't got yr
name from my artist friend. thank you
so much for purchasing my last year's
painting. you gave me the confidence
and hope that they are actually people
out there that would buy my stuff.
and with the cash, i eventually
was able to finance myself painting
again.

my brother, chinkeong, for loaning me
the whole room. and for believing
in my paintings.

my sister, voonchek, for loaning
her room to my brother.

mom, for the daily food support
and the interest of looking at my
paintings.

dad, for not stopping me.

i-ming, for still stickin
up with my negativism and maintaining
well of www.30dayartist.com

andrik for the camera.
and occasion visits.

keeli for the camera that's
without a card.

friends who commented.

people who commented.

the 30 mysterious daily visitor.

cziplee and nanyang penang for
the special discounted art materials.

my final words to all of you,
and please please do remember all time,

love and hope prevails.

(i think)

now, wish me luck in my
film production career.



till then.

-chinyew

8 comments:

deadpo8t said...

this run like the last left us pretty much speechless at the art (and the talent of course!) before us. we enjoyed 30gooddays and we look forward to more from you! It was inspirational and eye-opening especially for my old man who really enjoyed the colours you used! (p/s: there's an open invitation from him to put up your paints in 'you-know-where' till NY come calling, ok?- more walk-ins and with the market we have i think it could be another alternative gateway to the big guys? VW is just up the road and we could tell them about you too with some of your work here?...=)-just a suggestion?!)
anyways thank you for 30days worth surfing the web for!

Next up...Ming! Get cracking already, mate!

ming said...

i'm speachless too. read it with my little sister..shes quite into it:)

"oh the red blanket is the girls izzit?"

brilliant stuff man. Love the last post and the book. We'll self publish if we have too..

it's beeter than i have words to express..so forgive me.

but then you already know that..

Anonymous said...

What an effort!!! Love the book. Great job man. Keep doing what you are doing. I believe you'll make it one day.

-Fang-

Anonymous said...

Well done! You've made my past month so much more interesting. Every morning I come to work and one of the first places I drop by will be your blog. Art is so much more if you share your thoughts and feelings so congratulations once again for some great works and writing. All the best - I hope you make it! :)

K

Anonymous said...

... all good things must come to and end, and with every ending comes a new beginning... Best of luck Mr.CY in your future endevours.

... hopefully with all the positive comments, it'll make ya a more confident and positive guy. What's the next BIG challange?

chinyew said...

stare long enough, you might see them movin.

heh.

-chinyew

Anonymous said...

hey.. so fast 30days ended ...
what's ur next plan?

went back to see antie.. the favourite and delicious Crepe.
thank you for bringing me there. and then i brought him there.. then now.. still have 40 days to go.. for our BIG day..

odevisky said...

wahhhhh so nice~!!! i really like the story you made~~~


i'm very happy for you~~~

when i get my own house i will commission you to paint pretty things for me okay? and you should come visit too~! i will give you lots of hugs~~~