Sunday, August 08, 2010

Day 8: confidence

day 1 of shoot went pretty well..

a little hipcups in the morning
and a little delay.

but i feel the team is coming to grasp.

tomorrow will be a smooth one i predict.

after finishing day 1 of assist directing
a 35mm shoot, I feel it's almost similar
of I directing my video television shows.

I've always had the pressure and fear to
roll 35mm. Reason being it's expensive
and exclusive.

After years being away from commercial,
coming back with my new trained and confidence
of directing television, I feel I can do it.

So this is what I recommend to enthusiast film maker
out there; go and be a PA for a commercial house.
Once you got the experience and confidence, jump
to the lame ass television people. You can easily
tackle them even though you are a production assistant.
Most people in television dunno jack shit about production.
The most ironic are the producers! Producer comes from the
word 'produce' of 'production'. they lack of knowledge
of crafting out the visual experience into a product.

You can quickly work your way up to directing.
Most television directors (in Malaysia) are
half pass jack ass too.

Once you have given that damn industry a low esteem
of themselves, go back to commercial, and try to
work up again.

Cause in the end, you'll feel that all production
are the same. The only difference is whether which
league you wanna play in.

Here are the strips for today:









-chinyew

No comments: