Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 104: Kids

Still having problem adjusting my sleeping
hours since coming back from my UK trip.

Still having trouble adjusting back here.

I like it too much out there,
and hate too much being back.

Know I shouldn't be so negative
bout my country, but I just can't
see what's there to like about it.
I mean I love my country's culture,
food and that my friends and families
are still here, but the development
in the art/entertainment field just
feel so slack and conservative.

Don't feel motivated to break it,
mold it or shape it.

Anyway, today I was giving charity
comic classes to an orphanage.
I love kids. Love working with them.
I learn so much from them.

I taught them basic storytelling using
pictures. Taught them how to make
their first comic strip.

I'm amazed at kids from the age of
4-13 can create so much amazing
stories. I'm proud that my comic
lessons work as a tool for the children
to express their feelings.

Wish could share what I learned from
their stories, but there's too many of
them.

But the most memorable ones were;
"You have to work hard to get what
you want."
"I want to be football player but they
won't let me play football. But I don't
care and I believe I will be someday."

I believe some adults during the class
were as surprise as I was.

-chinyew

No comments: