Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 115: Thunder

Rushed here, rushed there.
Wanted to head to the studio
right after my meeting, but
didn't happened. Had to rushed
back home to amend the edit.

Car's back from the workshop
today. Will be staying away
from that car for awhile.
Phobia of crash again.

Guess this what happens to you,
when something snaps at you
so hard, you'll remember it and
fear of it ever happening again.
The phobias of tragedy recurrence.

Many times, I want to jump back
to the drawing board. But then I tell
myself, I need to read a graphic novel
to get inspired!

And so I read To The Heart of The Storm
by Will Eisner. It chronicles his life when
he was growing up as a Jew. Aren't
most his books like that? Well, this solely
focus on the career path. Like how one
person's life is determined to do something,
and some are doomed to fail.

My favorite scene/dialogue:

Will: BUT POP, WHY DIDN'T YOU STICK WITH ART INSTEAD OF BUSINESS? IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GO BACK..
(Drops of rain falling on them)
Father: THERE IS NO GOING BACK. WE ARE ON A JOURNEY. LIFE IS A TRIP FROM HERE TO THERE.
(Starts to rain heavily)
Will: AND WHERE IS 'THERE', POP?
(Thunder strikes)
Father: 'THERE' IS WHERE THE THUNDER IS...FAR AWAY!
(Will and his father runs for shelter)

-chinyew

No comments: