Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 19: Recognition

What keeps an artist going?

You need to be heard.
To be recognize.

That your art matters.

Remember how excited we were when
we were kids showing our drawings
to our parents. And our parents
would praise us.

I believe there's still a child
inside everyone of us.

We want to be heard.

And recognize.

To be understood.

The following is a recent 'I See So Many Butterflies Vol.1'
review I get from TimeOut KL.



This is a letter I received from a fellow artist
after reviewing The Boy Who Loved Clouds
and I See So Many Butterflies.






I was nominated by KLue Magazine as one of
the 10 most outstanding talent, The Blue Chilli Award.



A television interview of it:



Having these small little things in life
is like having the parents acknowledging
their kid;

"yes-yes, we hear you. quit screaming now."

-chinyew

No comments: