Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 2 at STGCC.

We started our day, with I-Ming leading us into
prayer by the pool as I munch my half eaten
Carl's Jr burger from yesterday.

We prayed that God shall lead us of the day.
and that it is not our wave, but His.

Most of the time, we tend to forget that,
and strive really hard trying to reach
for something desperately.

And when we don't get it,
we feel disappointed.

When we arrived, we wanted to steal
coffee from a conference below our
comic con. And we were chased away,
I didn't even had a sip.

Later an old friend came and visit us,
and bought us coffee.

Later at the evening, I-Ming's sister
bought us another coffee.

During the day, we didn't had much sales.

And I was starting to feel really down about
it. Imagine, having a great cover and people
actually attracted to it, picked it up, after
browsing through, they put it back.

It made feel that my excerpts weren't
good enough, like it didn't live up to
the cover.

You get that alot, studying people's
facial reaction to your work.

People walking pass your booth,
and have a short glance.
You study what they looked at.
Analyzing whether your display
are working. Whether your arrangement
of books are inviting them in.

I get a little obsessive sometimes.

Then as we were about to close,
sales came in. Gradually building up.
Not very much. But enough to keep
us happy, 'atleast we sold some'.

Finally, we really wanted to close.
Two really nice people who believes
in indie-alternative comics and have
really good taste of comics came and
bought most of the titles.

They were the ones that we were waiting
for. They were the ones we traveled
all the way for. They were the ones who
we always hope to meet at conference.
They are the one who really wish they
would buy our stuff. (To the point, I don't
mind giving it to them for free! But don'
tell them. :)

At the end of the day, I felt God's presence.

It is always the similar case to me.
I wouldn't see and appreciate the small
little things He do, and I'll complain
and bitch about it. And finally, He shows
me and I'll be overwhelm by it, I rest silently.
Feeling a little guilty, and hope the next time
I won't fall again.

Slowly, letting His touch be.


We tried to steal one coffee in the morning,
and He then gave us TWO for FREE!

-chinyew


Morgan, the toy tycoon, illegally using the abandon booth.


Well, I'm doin my usual thing.


Comic fans reading really good comics:

Our dear friend Kenny Lim brought us coffee in the morning.
We love you buddy!


A sketch I did for Boxon a year ago in Comic Fiesta.
He showed it to me today at STGCC:


Met J*y and Cheng, our last customers of the day,
that made our day! it's so rare to find TRUE-alternative
comics lover!
The lovely sunshine I-Mei, I-Ming's sister bought us coffee.

More sketches I did when there were no customers:



With Yuji Yato of KAMAKIRI! HO!!!!!!!!

No comments: