Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Day 01: The first day is the hardest.



glad to be back.
this August is gonna be a very
tired-juggling month for me.

compared to my last 2 run,
i have to balance myself doing 30dayartist
while having a day job.

(which my artist friend, i-ming has been doing very well
for his past 2 runs.) read his post here to learn how.

for me, i find it difficult.

i like doing my art; just my art.
hate juggling things. bad at juggling.

but i guess i've no choice now.

i've got this deadline on mid September
of my day job(which i equally enjoy:
editing a "Making Of" of a feature film).

and additional to that,
i'll be going through a post-production
of my second short film which i just shot
last month. (the making of this short
is yet another amazing synchronicity story
which i'll share with you all of the coming days.)

as for 30dayartist;

i'll be committing myself
to finish a 40scene-graphic novel.

(in replace of 40 paintings.)

calm down.

i'm still IN the 30dayartist loop of energy;

i'm not trying to lazy/cheat here of not
painting.

(besides, i find it even more difficult of
illustrating-composing 40 scenes)

graphic novels has always been
something i've always wanted to do;
the flexibility of telling stories.

and 30dayartist IS about the commitment
of artist doing works that they always wanted
to do, but suppressed by many negative external
and internal elements.

in 30dayartist, i stand up and say:

"Fuck all those elements and let's rock on with the art!"

the quota of 40 works still remains,
standing as a guideline of pushing us over to the higher state;
forcing our creative juice to flow out,
allowing the subconscious self to waken,
then a realization of our true self.

as the traditional un-planned 30dayartist way,
i'll be allowing the story to flow+build itself.

but ofcourse, i do have the core story in my head.

so, please do forgive me if the scenes ever
come out of not making sense or linking to one another.

but i do believe in the force.

i'll rely on the force for the quality and
i'll worry of the quantity.

this will be a very exciting month for me.

additional to all that, if you've seen the video
on top,

i've cut a 3 part video
of "best of" quotes+arts of 30dayartist's in
these 2 years circa.

day to day, i'll be elaborating of the artist,
works and quotes.

Well, for day one, i've 'nuff said:

"The first day is the hardest. You are blank
with no idea to paint. Your strokes are doubtful"





as for today's work,

sorry no scenes yet.

i spend 6 hours just on designing the font face
for the graphic novel,
and ofcourse typing this post.

i hope you'll forgive me.

first day is indeed the hardest.

till then.



-chinyew

No comments: