Sunday, August 05, 2007

Day 05: Nobody is my boss but me.

Day 5 by Julia Oscarson

"Nobody is my boss but me,
Nobody is going to paint but me,
This is my job."


i remember reading Julia's run.
nearly every post she has written,
has atleast one well said quote of
brilliant coaching words to help
any struggling artist to be confidence
with themselves.

do you suffer at work?
do you feel like been pushed around.

stand up.

if you don't help yourself, no one will.

choose what you want best.
take charge of your life.

work is too much of a burden to be
unhappy about.

for my first two run, i quit my job
because the job i had, went sore.
mundane. overworked.
i was been abused and felt that i was
goin nowhere.

and everytime i get back here;
30dayartist,
i feel all charged-up again,
and ready to face the world even stronger.

and year by year, i feel the growth.

this year, i did not quit my job,
because i found the best job.
a boss who doesn't bosses you around.
a career that i feel everyday is gradually growing.

trust yourself.

know what you want best.

have faith.

like the old saying,

"when there's a will, there's a way."

today, i've finished the 20 scene breakdown
for my day job. ready to be presented tomorrow.

not sure how long i can hold up
to this juggling of my day job and
doin the graphic novel.

but i do feel good everytime i
finishes a scene. really good.

i've never felt such satisfactory since...

sex?

well-anyway,

till then.

-chinyew





No comments: